Pages

Friday 11 September 2009

Season of Joy box and matching card.

Good morning!
Thought I would take a quick break from my proper job and do a quick post of a traingle box and matching card that I made the other day.  Not sure if I will get much more crafting time before the craft market on Sunday!!!

The box is made using instructions from the Splitcoaststampers website.  But I made a lid for it using a plain and a scallop circle die from my Nestables - so much quicker and neater than trying to draw round a cup and cut the circle out!!!  The circles were not exactly the right size for the box so I punched out some 1 3/8 curcles, cut them in half and glued them to the corners of the lid.

The stamped images of the large flower, swirl, and Merry Christmas greeting were done using Versamark and heat embossed using white embossing powder.  I used the small flower in the set to make backing paper for the card by inking with a marker and stamping the image twice before reinking.  This gave different shades of colour on the paper which I really like.  For the card I also used some Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the flower, unfortunatley this means that I will be wearing glitter for a week!!!

Recipe:
Cardstock - Not Quite Navy, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper - Ski Slope
Ink - Versamark, Not Quite Navy marker
Accessories - 1 3/8 circle punch, white embossing powder, Whisper White taffeta ribbon.
Not SU - Nestables

Well, time to get some proper work done. Hope you all have a great weekend!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment