Pages

Monday 7 December 2009

Fab Weekend!

Been crazily busy lately with work and havent had a minute to myself but I took Friday and today off as holiday which gave me a lovely long weekend.  I put my Christmas tree up on Friday and got loads of other bits & bobs done which has been great. 

I even had some time on Sunday to get some cards done (being as we sold most of the ones we had at the Felkirk Church craft fair in November!).

My Mum is feeling much stronger and I have had a fantastic day today - I took her Christmas shopping, to Meadowhall!!!  She had to stop for a sit down every now and then but she loved it - we are SOOOO looking forward to Christmas.

Here is one of the cards I made on Sunday using the Silent Night set, but to make it slightly different I made a tag from the sentiment stamp.



To make the topper, the church image was stamped onto Whisper White card and mounted it onto Boardering Blue cardstock. Then I turned it over and put Sticky Strip really close to the edges and the bottom.  This created a pocket when it was stuck onto the front of the card.


I trimmed the card with the sentiment on and again mounted it onto card, trimming really close to the edge.  I then created a hole and threaded ribbon through.  The tag then slips nicely between the card blank and topper.

Havent had the time to add the glitter yet. Thought I would have a 'glitter day' and do all the glittering for my cards in one go.  At least then I will only be wearing it for one week instead of 2 or 3!!!

Recipe:
Stamp sets; Silent Night, Sincere Salutations
Cardstock; Whisper White, Real Read & Boardering Blue
Ink; Bordering Blue
Accessories; Real Red ribbon, Scalloped Oval punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment