Pages

Monday 14 December 2009

Christmas Cringle

Its been a busy weekend, spent a fab crafty afternoon on Saturday with Sara Stamper, then had to go to our works Christmas Party.  Thank you Sara for a brilliant time!

Thought I would post pics of the Christmas cards I made for Sara and Abby - it would be a bit rude to post them before passing them on LOL!


All the images were stamped using Versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  Then I highlighted some areas with Dazzling Diamonds using tombow glue.

I used my round tab punch to cut out the Holiday Greetings sentiment, cut out and mounted the snowflake onto the round tab shape and used silver elastic cord to hang the cut the mittens (I glued them together but left them to swing loose from the card).

Recipe;
Cardstock - Old Olive, Real Red, Whisper White
Stamp Sets - Scandinavian Season, Sincere Salutations, Punches Three
Ink - Versamark
Accessories - White embossing powder, Round tab and Eyelet Border punches, brad, silver elastic cord & Dazzling Diamonds glitter.

On Abby's card I wanted to do something a little different!

 

I stamped the bird in Versamark and again heat embossed with white embossing powder.  Then I stamped another image in Versamark, slightly off the first one, which gives a 3D shading effect.  When the Versamark had dried, I highlighted areas of the image with Tombow glue and sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds over the top.

For some reason the Dazzling Diamonds also adheared to the versamark - and wouldnt come off!!!  But it gave the whole image sparkle!

I used my Eyelet Border punch along the bottom and then matted onto another layer of card, just leaving a tiny bit of the Chocolate Chip card showing.

The Merry Christmas sentiment was stamped onto Sahara Sand and Chocolate Chip card then trimmed the image on the Sahara Sand following the outline of the stamp.  This was then raised using Dimensionals directly over the chocolate chip image.  This sentiment is called Punches Three and is a Level 1 Hostess set - you can get it free when placing an order, or holding a workshop, with sales totaling over £150! 

Recipe;

Cardstock - Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip
Stamp Sets - Whimsical Wings (Level 2 Hostess Set), Punches Three
Ink - Versamark
Accessories - White embossing powder, Scallop Square and Eyelet Border Punches, Whisper White ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds glitter.

2 comments:

  1. Both of these cards are even more gorgeous IRL. I really loved the glittery bird but then the dangling mittens are so cute too. I think JJ needs to send me multiple christmas cards in future, lol, one's not enough when they're as beautiful as these.

    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. To say thank you for my lovely card I have a little something for you over on my blog.

    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete