Pages

Tuesday 19 January 2010

Just about recovered from a manic weekend.

Not only did I sort out my craft room but I went to my cousins wedding on Saturday.  Many years ago I used to work as a florist and even ran my own business for a while, designing wedding flowers.  I was over the moon to be asked to help out at the wedding, but had forgotten just how much hard work was involved.  By Saturday night I was exhausted!!!

Setting up the reception was 'interesting' and involved rearraning all the tables...  Its a good job we did it Friday night and didnt leave it until Saturday morning - we would have missed the service!

Their wedding day was absolutely amazing and almost everything went to plan - Thank God...

Here are a few photos of the flowers and the reception...














Anyway, back to crafting (way hay!) here is the card I made for the happy couple.  I used the Mr &; Mrs set - I decorated the cake boxes with the Together Forever sentiment from the set so I thought it would tie in nicely for their card.  Ooops, I forgot to take a pic of the cake boxes, sorry!


Its an easel card which I thought would stand out from all the others they would recieve.  I decided I just had to use some of my Nouveau Chic Designer Series Paper (DSP) - I am always looking at how gorgeous it is but struggle to bring myself to cut into it!!!

To line up the main image I used my Stamp A Ma Jig to get the 'Mr', '&' and 'Mrs' images exactly where I wanted them.  Then traced using my glue pen over the '&' image and sprinkled Celery glitter from the Fine Cosmo over the wet glue.  I was surprised how the glitter didnt change the colour of the Sage Shadow ink beneath, but it was more like the glitter changed colour!

Recipe
Stamp set - Mr & Mrs
Ink - Sage Shadow
Cardstock - Sage Shadow, Basic Black & Whisper White
DSP - Nouveau Chic
Accessories - Certainly Celery ribbon, Celery Fine Cosmo Glitter.

Well, its back to normal now and I can relax. 

There are still a couple of places left for my class on Saturday, but please email me if you would like to come - I need to make sure that I have everything ready before the class.  We will be making a gift bag and two cards so if you fancy a couple of hours playing with a lovely group of crafting ladies, book your place now!

I will be putting the date of my next class on here soon.

Thanks
Jan
X

No comments:

Post a Comment