Pages

Sunday 28 March 2010

Mini Blog Hop!!

Ooooh, you are in for a real treat today - its the Mini Blog Hop!!!

There are three groups (each with 15 ladies) from the In Love With Stamping forum posting examples of projects made using the stamp sets, papers and products from the new Mini Catalogue.

If you have come here from Dawns blog, I hope you enjoyed looking at her gorgeous creations and that you have a cuppa handy to carry on through all the sites in this loop. 

I have made two projects using an absolutely stunning set called Vintage Vogue.

The first is a scrap book page with photos of me and my DH.  The first photo was taken the year before we were married (its our 24th wedding anniversary soon - where did that go?!!!)  and the second was taken about 10 years ago.



I used the Very Vintage wheel inked with Versamark to do the background, and inked the edges with Old Olive using a sponge dauber.  You can see the detail a bit better in the next photo.



The photos were stuck onto Old Olive card and the border stamp was lined up using the Stamp-A-Ma-Gig to outline each photo.  This was then cut out close to the outer edge, the edges distressed, inked with a sponge dauber and raised on dimensionals on to the background.

To give the background a bit more interest I stamped the 'Friends' and flourish images, little leaves and 'Love' from the Wonderful Words stamp set.

Another 'Friends' stamp image and some flowers were stamped in Old Olive ink and the 'F' and flowers were cut out -the flowers were secured with brads. The twill tape was inked using Old Olive and threaded through jumbo eyelets.

Recipe;
Cardstock - Old Olive
Ink - Versamark, Old Olive
Stamps - Vintage Vogue, Very Vintage Wheel and Wonderful Words
Accessories - Sponge dauber, twill tape, Jumbo eyelets, brads.

My second project is a card made for my Mums birthday yesterday.  My Mums sister asked me to make a card and I used photo of my Mum and her sisters when they were little. 

I used the Just Perfect alphabet set (and my Stamp-A-Ma-Gig) to stamp the word 'sisters' above the 'Friends' stamp image (both in Night of Navy ink).  Then stamped the 'Friends' image again in So Saffron ink and just cut out the F.  This was mounted directly above the first image using dimensionals.

I made a frame for the photo using So Saffron Designer Series Paper and inked the edges.  I wasnt happy with the corners of the frame so stamped the  border image onto So Saffron card and used a scalloped Square punch to cut out triangular corners.  These were then glued on to each frame corner.

The flower was stamped using the 'Rock and Roll' technique and secured using a brad and dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by - its over to visit Theresa now for more inspiration!

Recipe
Cardsock - Bordering Blue, Whisper White, So Saffron
Ink - Night of Navy, So Saffron
Designer Series Paper - So Saffron
Stamps - Vintage Vogue
Hope your having a great weekend?

Jan
X

20 comments:

  1. Oh Jan, your projects are just gorgeous, I really wish I'd ordered Vintage Vogue, its on my wish list now ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous creations. So nice to see what other people do with the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the old olive - stamped with vintage vogue and congratulations on 24yrs! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you have done with Vintage vogue.....Ive ordered this set after seeing your work I just cannot wait!!
    kazxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely projects Jan .. don't you just love those stamps?

    Deborah O'D x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay a scrapbooker! Gorgeous layouts, great use of the lovely Vintage Vogue set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your scrapped page - that's so beautiful. And great effect with the rock n rolled flowers on the card.

    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely projects, I especially love how you have done the frame on your card, its beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous layouts.... I haven't done any for a very long time, you have inspired me to start again...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is fab. Thanks for inspiration. Hugs ali x

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are both beautiful, so fab to see scrap ages with SU stuff
    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. great projects- clever frame in your second LO!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab creations, like the scrap page.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are fab - I especially love your scrapbook page!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great projects using my new favourite stamp set! :)

    Thanks for sharing.

    Alex x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the subtle feel of the green on green and i bet your Mum loved her card! Love that VV set, it's going to be a sell out...

    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. this stamp sets lend itself well to scrapbooking, lovely projects Jan. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete