Pages

Sunday 21 March 2010

Rose Red Ruff

Hi everyone.

I went to the Harrogate Papercraft Show yesterday morning with my friend Kath, and had a brill time looking at all the goodies on show - and spying on different techniques - I must be a true crafter (tee hee).

I did see one idea which got the old grey cells working overtime and the first thing I did when I got home was play, and here is the result...


Not sure if you can see but the flowers have a very subtle sparkle to them?  Sorry but I cant tell you yet how I did this (its absolutely tip top secret, if I told you - I would have to kill you!)  But if you bob back in April you will find out!!!

The card needed to be made A4 as the large flower is quite big!!!

Here are the instructions using two punched Scalloped Circles (like the one at the bottom of the card).

Punch out two Scallop Circles.

Score straight across the shape between each scallop (dotted lines on picture) - all the scores will cross at the centre.  Make 1 cut from the outside (straight line on picture), into the centre.  I then inked all around the edges using a dauber and ink pad - its easier to do this now before folding the shapes!



Concertina fold all the way around the circle.  Do this for two punched circles and glue them together (not sure if you can see, but I have written 'glue' on the two scallops at each side of the cut line? 

I then repeated this using two punched shapes from the larger flower from the Boho Blossoms Punch and used a Rhinestone Brad through the centre - this is very fiddly as the shape is quite small.

It may help to glue the large circle onto a piece of card to space all the scallops neatly before building up further layers. 

I used exactly the same method to make the larger circle, but used die cut shapes instead as I wanted a bigger flower.  Scoring this was quite difficult as the petal shapes are not even, but it doesnt really matter as I think it added to the effect.

The only problem now is I have to make a box for the card - its too deep for the envelope - its a hard life!!

Recipe;
Cardstock - Regal Rose, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper - Rose Red
Stamp Set - Curvy Verses (two different ones used)
Accessories - Rhinestone Brad, Rose Red Ribbon
Punches - Scalloped Circle, Eyelet Border
Non SU - Die cut flower shapes (large flower)

3 comments:

  1. Very clever flowers and so pretty. Love the little and large versions, they complement each other really well and balance nicely.

    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea, i guess you're into the sparkly stuff too, I'm sparkling everything lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous flowers Jan and the sparkle is fab! I didn't get any in my preorder so will have to wait until I place my next order on April 1st after payday LOL!

    ReplyDelete