Pages

Friday 28 May 2010

Girly Thank You


I have been playing with my brayer again - and glitter - yes, I know, I got covered in it as usual!!

To give a graduated effect I used three colours of reinkers and a few baby wipes to make my own ink pad then used my brayer to apply the ink to the card.  Once it had dried I sprayed the card with Platinum Shimmer Paint, diluted in some rubbing alcohol. 

The butterfly is called 'All a Flutter' (from the Mini Catalogue) and was stamped in Elegant Eggplant onto the card and then their bodies and antennae glittered.

The flowers are from the Sticky Cuts Sweet sheets which are double sided adhesive die cut words and images which are perfect for use with glitter.  The small dots of glitter are actually flower centres from the adhesive sheets, covered in glitter.

To mount the sentiment I stamped the butterfly Thank You image from the Oval All stamp set onto Whisper White card and punched out using the Large Oval punch.  Then I punched out a Scalloped Oval and used a sponge dauber to apply dabs of Platinum Shimmer Paint to give me a lovely silvery layer of card to mount the sentiment onto.

I am not sure why the top flower looks like its gold - not that good at taking photos!  Its actually silver but it must be the flash from the camera.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by.  Hope you have a great weekend - I am hoping to get some more crafting don't this weekend.  But I really must get some housework done, sob :-(

Recipe
Cardstock - Pixie Pink, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White
Ink - Reinkers, Elegant Eggplant
Stamp Sets - All a Flutter, Oval All
Accessories - Sticky Cuts Sweet Sheets, Stampin' Glitter (Silver & Rose Red Fine Cosmo & Fine Galaxy) Silver Elastic Cord, Platinum Shimmer Paint.
Non Su - Rubbing Alcohol

Jan
x

1 comment:

  1. Love all the glitter and shimmer. Great way to use the sticky cuts.

    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete