Pages

Tuesday 31 August 2010

No Mo Jo

Mmmm, so much for getting some crafting done over the weekend!

As some of you may know, we are hoping to move house soon so have been decorating and 'decluttering'.  Well, we brought some boxes down from the loft the other day and I decided yesterday morning to sort through all the items and work out what we wanted to keep.

All was going well until I came across a box containing old wedding, birthday and Christmas cards.  There were cards from family, friends and people we have worked with for over twenty years and it was lovely remembering some really happy times.  Then I found some sympathy cards from when my Dad passed away and that was it - I went to pieces.

To cut a long story short I just couldnt bring myself to do anything - my heart just wasnt in it.  Its 8 1/2 years now since we lost him but it brought everything back. 

The good thing is, whilst looking through my stamp sets this afternoon (and wondering which ones would carry forward into the new catalogue!), I picked up my 'In the Stars' stamp set and one of the stamps jumped out at me - May All Your Dreams Come True - and for some reason, I just thought of my Dad.


He was a really quiet, gentle man - a gentle giant - and he always used to encourage me in everything I tried to do.  So Dad, this ones for you!

Recipe
Stampset - In the Stars
Cardstock - Real Red, Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White
Designer Series Paper - Speciality
Ink - Real Red
Accessories - Silver elastic cord, Star Punch, Brad (Hodgepodge Hardware) and Real Red Satin Ribbon
Non Su - Die Cuts

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that the move is stirring up old, difficult memories.

    I love the card, the colour combo is gorgeous, so striking.

    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete