Pages

Wednesday 24 November 2010

Hubby's Birthday Card

Hello!

It was my lovely hubby's birthday last week and heres the card I made for him.


I used the masking technique to stamp the row of  beer glasses (from the Cheers to You stamp set) onto Watercolour Paper and used my inkpads and aqua painters to colour them in.  The Watercolour Paper is lovely and thick (you can certainly see the quality) and its a creamy/off white colour with a lovely texture

To add dimention onto the froth on the glasses I stamped extra images of the glasses out onto Whisper White cardstock and just cut out the froth.  I mounted these over the ones on the watercolour paper using dimentionals and then covered the froth in Chrystal Effects.

The sentiment is from Perfect Punches and all I did was stamp the image in Night of Navy ink onto whisper white card and then trim it using the oval outline of the image as a guide (I made sure there was no white outline).  This was then mounted onto Night of Navy card which was punched out using the Oval Extra Large punch.

To assemble the card I put silver brads in each corner, wrapped Night of Navy 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon around the watercolour paper and mounted onto a Night of Navy card blank.  The sentiment was positioned on the ribbon and thats it - done!!

He loved the card, but I think the meal at our favourate restaurant in Wakefield went down a bit better!!

Recipe
Ink - Basic Gray, So Saffron, Pumkin Pie, Night of Navy
Cardstock - Watercolour Paper, Night of Navy, Whisper White
Stamp sets - Cheers to You, Perfect Punches
Accessories - Silver brads, 5/8" Grosgrain Night of Navy ribbon, Chrystal Effects, Oval Extra Large punch, aqua painter.
Jan
X

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that Ian had a good birthday and love the card you made for him. Great masking and colouring and fabulous how you've done the sentiment, that looks really smart.

    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete