Pages

Sunday 7 November 2010

More Convention Pics

As promised, here are some more photos of the Annual Stampin' Up! European Convention.  It was held at Addington Palace which is a stunning venue near London.

Swapping on the coach from the hotel to the venue.


Here are the banners on the approach to the Palace.


Addington Palace is a beautiful building (sorry, I was so engrossed in all the excitement, I forgot to take any photos of the inside of the building!).


Entrance to the event.

Queing to register took a while, but we did meet Blackie the Palace cat, who was so freindly - and not a bit daunted by all the people there.  I made a little tag for my bag using some feathers (we all got a free 'laptop' style bag) and made tags so we could easily see which was our own bag).  Blackie wanted to keep it so I had to wressle it away which was hilarious!

Here we are queing to pick up our bags --- which had our two free stamp sets inside!!!
The main hall was inside a massive marque in the grounds of the palace.  The lighting in the marque made the photos really dark so I havent got many pics of the classes or make and takes that I can post here.  This is one of the few decent ones - with Monica and Paula dancing.  How Paula did this in her massively high heels I have no idea!


There was so much crammed in to the event we didnt get any time to really relax other than the awards night on Friday when we all dressed up in our posh frocks. 

Sara's and my upline, Joanne Friend, got to go up on stage to pick up her award for Demonstrator of the Year and also got a free stamp set plus a pack of Designer Series Paper during Prize Patrol - names are put up on screen and you have to check the screens to see if your name comes up then stand up and clap.  Well done Joanne!

There was lots and lots of swapping with UK, German and French Demonstrators.  The ideas and inspiration from everyone will definately keep me inspired until the next Convention!

And what else can I tell you about Convention? 

Well, there were a few announcements including -
- information about NEXT YEARS Convention.  Its at Disneyland, Paris (wooohooo!!!) in November.
- details of the absolutley GORGIOUS Sale-A-Bration promotion which is on in January & Feb 2011.
- info on an eagerly awaited item coming in the Mini Catalogue in April 2011.
And we also got an additional FREE stamp set (yes, we ALL got one).

Sorry, but I cant share the Sale-A-Bration info until it is officially announced, only demos at the convention have been given the details.  No other demos have the info, even those in the US!

When I originally became a Demo, I would never have dreampt that everything I was told about Stampin' Up! was true - but it is.  The benefits of being a demonstrator are absolutely incredible, I never intended to run my own business when I became a demo (all I wanted was the discounted products!).  But the training, support, free/discounted products and exclusive previews of new items, quickly encouraged me to try and I feel so privilidged to be part of such a fantastic company.

Thanks for bobing over to see me!  I will put some pictures of the swaps on my blog in the next few days.

Jan X

No comments:

Post a Comment