Pages

Friday 10 December 2010

Convention Blog Hop

Did I mention that I went to the Stampin' Up! Convention?  Tee Hee - sorry, I am still a bit giddy about convention!!! 

Just to prove we were there me, Sara and Joanne (my SU Mummy and Grandma) had our picture taken on stage.  I know, its not very often you see photos of me but I thought I would make an exeption!  We decided to each make a scrap book page as a momento and then have our own mini blog hop.

The blog hop will be live from 10.30am on Sunday 12th December - so if you try to view some of the links they may not be live. 

Hopefully, you have come here from Saras blog here.  I love how she has done hers A4 in size!

I used a 12x12" sheet of Elegant Eggplant as the base as it looked so nice near to Saras top.  The other colour I decided to use was Real Red - to pick up the red on the giant stamp blocks and red heart on the large tag behind us.  I wouldnt normally use these colours together but I do like them on the page.

The photo is mounted onto Real Red card which has been punched all the way round with the Scalloped Trim Border and Corner Punches.  I created a pocket using foam pads around the sides and bottom edges to give a deep layer to slot the convention programme into.  Then I used the punches on a thin strip of card, secured it to the side and laced some Real Red 1/8 Taffeta Ribbon through the scallops.  The ends were just tied in a bow to finish.

We were given name badges to wear at Convention and I really wanted to keep it safe - so I tied a piece of red ribbon through the fastener and glued it to the front of the programme.

Whilst we were there, we had the opportunity to buy a lovely stamp called "Love What You Do".  You can see it here as I stamped it in Elegant Eggplant ink onto the base card - it is so sweet!!!

Hope you like my scrapbook page - I do enjoy doing them but dont like having my picture taken, so its not that often that I get nice photos to scrapbook.

Thanks for stopping by - its over to Joannes blog now - just click here.  Have a great weekend!!!

Jan

8 comments:

  1. The pocket for the programme is a great idea and that lacing at the side is fantastic - love it!

    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Jan, like how you have made a pocket for your badge & programme.

    Great hop ladies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a great Idea having the pocket to keep the extra bits in

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the lace affect down the side and a great way to use a pocket. Fab ideas. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab page. I love the hidden element too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever Jan... great photo and so lovely to see a scrapbook layout. And love your pocket of goodies.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is ingenious! Love the pocket idea, think I'll have to try that! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great ideas! I'm going to scraplift if you don't mind!!

    ReplyDelete