Pages

Sunday 30 January 2011

Sweet Summer Pastels

Hello!

The blog hop last week was fantastic wasnt it?  There were some incredible projects and I was itching to have a play after going through all the loops.  Dont forget, you only have until the end of February to get your free stamp sets!
  1) by ordering the starter kit - (free set from SU + an extra one from me!)
  2) by placing an order for £45 or more (not including delivery charge)
  3) by holding a workshop with sales over £300.

I havent used my Stampin' Pastels in at least 12 months, even after getting the update set with all the new colours in.  But I was in my element colouring this set, Sweet Summer is THE BEST set for for using pastels, markers, watercolour crayons or pencils!!!


The flower stems were stamped in Pear Pizzazz ink onto Whisper White card then the heads stamped (lining up with the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig) in Cherry Cobbler.  The leaves and flower heads were coloured in using blender pens and my pastels.  A small rhinestone was added to the central flower. 

I do struggle for ideas with layouts for cards but as I was placing all the elements I wanted to use, I came up with this and I quite like it.  The Peach Parfait designer series paper was lined up with a mat of Wild Wasabi using my grid paper and then adhered in place.  Then I wrapped a length of Peach Parfait Stitched Poly Ribbon around the layers and attached it to the Cherry Cobbler card blank.  The stamped card with the flowers was raised up on dimensionals and attached to the Wild Wasabi cardstock.

The bee and the butterfly were left overs from the ones I used for last weeks Blog Hop project and were just raised on dimensionals before placing on the card. 

With a bit of luck, Sara, Joanne and myself will be having a mini blog hop next Sunday to show you some card candy each of us made with some of the current stamp sets including Natures Nest, Bundle of Love and Happiness Share.  They are gorgeous and I am sure they will give you some great ideas so make sure you bob back to look.

One more thing before I go, I we have our next Barnsley Crop next Saturday, 5th Feb at the Doghill Community Centre in Shafton. So if you want to come over and have a play, please do!  Our Technique Club is starting and will cover two different techniques you can do with plain stamps to get various effects.  We all want to get the most out of the stamps we already have, dont we?!

Hope you are enjoying the weekend? 
Jan
X

1 comment:

  1. Sweet card. I so agree - this set is perfect for colouring in any medium.

    Had a great time at the crop today. Thank you and your ladies for making me so welcome.

    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete