Pages

Sunday 6 February 2011

Teeny Tiny Blog Hop!

Hello!

Me and my lovely uplines, Sara and Joanne are have our very own mini blog hop today.  From 10 am you will be able to look at some card candy which  each of us have made with various stamp sets.

You should have arrived here from Saras blog, here - I bet you want this set too now just like me!!!  The tortoise is fab.

Here is my card candy (must make note for next time - take photos before putting in the cellophane...)


The stamp set is called Happiness Shared and the image detail is stunning, it is just shouting to be coloured in!!!

I made this set in the same way, but used Whisper White taffeta ribbon and coloured in the edges of the ribbon with a Blushing Bride marker.  It is a very subtle change but I think I prefered this one out of the two.



Here is the link to Joanne's blog, just wait until you see her 'Bundle of Love' Card Candy...

Directions

I am not sure if you can tell on the photo but the background on the largest image was created by inking up a clear acrylic block (yes, the ones we attach unmounted stamps to!) with Blushing Bride ink and stamping the block directly onto Confetti White cardstock.

The flower image was stamped in Stazon (I just HAD to watercolour the images!) and I coloured in using my inkpads and aquapainters with Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Certainly Celery and Old Olive.  A thin strip of Rose Red card was punched using the Scallop Trim Border Punch and Taffeta Ribbon was gathered up and wrapped around the strip before it was attached to the Confetti White card.

I used my markers to ink just the word 'Happiness' from the sentiment in the set and stamped it twice onto pieces of card.  I ramdomly stamped the single leaf stamp around one of them and then punched it out with the Large Tag Punch.  A peice of Pretty in Pink cardstock was punched out with the Extra Large Punch and attached to the back before making a hole with my Crop-A-Dile and threading a small peice of Pretty in Pink taffeta ribbon through the hole.

The other 'Happiness' image was simply punched out with the Word Window punch and it was then mounted on punched shapes  (Modern Label Extra Large and then Oval Extra Large).

To get the long hexagan shape of the image for the full sentiment I stamped it onto Confetti White card in Rose Red ink and trimmed to fit through the top section of the Large Tag punch, punching both ends.  A small strip of Pretty in Pink Taffeta was wrapped around one end and secured round the back.  I did the same with a strip of Rose Red card and mounted the Confetti White on top.  The flower was made by punching out Confetti White, Rose Red and Pretty in Pink with the Boho Blossoms punch and stacking them up, one on top the other.

The final peice was made by stamping the small flower in Rose Red ink onto Confetti White card and then colouring in with Pretty in Pink ink and aquapainters. I punched this out using the Designer Label Large punch and mounted it on a punched circle (1 3/4 Extra Large Circle).  A strip of Rose Red card was wrapped in Pretty in Pink taffeta ribbon and was attached to a strip of Pretty in Pink card, which had been punched using the Scalloped Trim Border along one edge. The small flower topper was attached and basic pearls were added as a finishing touch.

Ok, thats all from me for today.  Hope you have enjoyed your little tour through cyber space.  I will post some pictures of yesterdays technique club projects in the next few days so bob back soon!

Jan
X

11 comments:

  1. This is even more beautiful IRL, I'm so glad we arranged to swap as well as hop. Lucky me to have this candy and thanks for sharing directions to make more.

    Sara xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful packet of card candy. So delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and so delicate looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. VERY pretty! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pink loveliness my favourite colour.

    ReplyDelete