Pages

Saturday 5 March 2011

Stampin' Up! Training Swaps

I am going to the Leeds Stampin' Up! Training Event today, so I think I am safe to post the pictures of my swaps as all the ladies going will be far too excited to look on here!!

The events are held by Stampin' Up! to support demonstrators and provide training and information on new products and techniques.  Its also a great time for us all to meet up and chat about crafting!!!  The training days are only open to demonstrators, but we come away with some fabby ideas and info to share with you all!

Most of the ladies going to the events make 'Swaps'.  This is where each person makes a number of copies of the same card or item.  When we all meet up, we swap one of the cards we have made with each other so we come away with examples of lots of differenct cards.  Here is the first of one design of swaps I made (there are about 70 of us going and I got a bit bored of the same design).

To start, I stamped the clock from the Sense of Time stamp set in Chocolate Chip ink onto Neutrals Ivory card.  I stamped another clock image onto a post it note and cut it out to create a 'mask' which was placed over the clock stamped onto the neutrals card.  Then I randomly stamped the cogs from the stamp set around the clock, overlapping in places.  The mask protects the image underneath, so when I pealed the mask off it looks like the clock is sitting in front of the cogs.

For the dial at the bottom of the clock image, I stamped another dial, cut it out and mounted it on a dimensional then used Chrystal Effects over the top.  It was left it to dry overnight before piercing a hole through the centre and adding a gold brad.

To make the sentiment, I only inked the part of the stamp with 'Live for Today' using my markers and stamped it onto Crumb Cake cardstock.  I used the Oval Large punch though the clock face image and mounted the 'Live for Today' on dimensionals behind the clock face - literally, giving it more depth.

The rest of the card is just matted and layered with a piece of Designer Series Paper and a brad to finish off. 

Recipe

Stamp Set - Sense of Time
Cardstock - Neutrals Ivory, Soft Suede & Crumb Cake
Ink - Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake
DSP - Neutrals Paper Stack (Crumb Cake)
Accessories - Gold Brads Chrystal Effects Oval Large Punch

I will post my second card swap tomorrow and will also share what I can from the day.

Jan
x


No comments:

Post a Comment