Pages

Sunday 10 April 2011

Baby Blossoms

Hi there!

Its been lovely and sunny and thoughts of the summer came to me the other day whilst I was playing in my craft room.  The Baby Blossoms set is in the new Mini Catalogue and has cute little roses, freesia, leaves and tiny blossoms.

The tiny roses are really sweet and remind me of an old set we used to have called 'A Rose is a Rose'.  I made the upper panel using the Baby Blossoms set and the One Sheet Wonder technique on Whisper White cardstock. Inks used were So Saffron, More Mustard, Certainly Celery and Old Olive.

I used a So Saffron card blank with mats of More Mustard and Cajun Craze.  The bevelled window pane is held in place by the ribbon and has a small square of Whisper White card, stamped with images from Baby Blossoms to match the main panel.  As this didnt stabd out quite as much as I wanted, I punched a Decorative Label Extra Large Punch shape from Cajun Craze, cut it straight through the centre and glued it under the bevelled window, as close to the ribbon as I could get it.

To finish off, I stamped the flourish image from the Strenth and Hope set on the More Mustard mat with Cajun Craze ink.

The bevelled window frames were a real surprise - you dont really appreciate what a difference they make until you use them.  Its almost as though they magnify whatever is behind them.  They are so nice, I ordered more the other day (you might get sick of seeing them if I am not careful!!!)

Hope you are enjoying the weather.  Thanks for stopping by.
Jan x

No comments:

Post a Comment