Pages

Wednesday 20 April 2011

Mums Day Card

Ooops!
I forgot to post this picture of my Mums Mothers Day card - what am I like!?

As those of you who know my Mum, she has a teeny bit of a problem with glitter.  Well, a big problem actually - in fact, I have to hide it from her to stop her bathing in it!!!  You think I am joking - I'm not.

Here's the photo.






I inked and then covered the chipboard letters from the On Board Alphabet Soup set and then covered them fully in Tombow glue and Champagne Glass Glitter.  These letters are the perfect size for cards and there are lots in the pack.

The card blank is a sheet of A4 shimmery white which has been folded in half.  I just randomly stamped the flower from Happiness Shared in Stazon ink and watercoloured them using my aqua painters and ink pads in Pretty in Pink, Rose Red and Old Olive.

The ribbon is gathered by pulling on a few central strands and attaching to a strip of Old Olive card which had been punched using the Scallop Trim boarder punch.  I used the punch on the front edge of the card blank then added the ribbon strip and glittered letters.

Can you see the little butterflies?  These are fabulous - I just had to get this die as soon as I saw the detailing on it.  The die is called Beautiful Wings and it cuts the shape AND embosses!

As you can imagine, my Mum LOVED the glitter - and I do admit, I liked the glitter that much I have just bought it in another colour, Baja Breeze.

The problem I have with glitter is that I end up wearing it for days after using it.  Plus, there is a trail of glitter in the house which just wont go.  The new Glass Glitter though is really chunky - and controllable! So I can play with it and there's no evidence. LOL

Hope you are enjoying all the sunshine.

Jan
x

No comments:

Post a Comment