Pages

Sunday 29 May 2011

Hope you are enjoying the long weekend?

This is my first weekend off for over 5 weeks so I have finally been having a proper play in my craft room.

A few weeks ago I took my Mum to a shop near Sheffield where the lovely Julie was doing some demonstrations using distress inks and I have finally been able to sit and do the same techniques but using Stampin' Up! products - and they work!!

I dont know why I thought that they wouldnt - they are waterbased, so theres no reason for them not to. I havent done that much distressing with inks for the last couple of years so it was fantastic to play and get really messy.  Heres one of the cards I made.


 I  took a piece of Botanical Gazette Designer Series Paper and used the Freindly Words Wheel in Early Espresso ink along the bottom.  Then I wheeled a couple of times over the entire piece in Versamark ink using the Texture Wheel (I am now in love with this wheel!!!) and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

The sides of the paper were torn and distressed and then I used sponge daubers to apply Early Espresso and Marina Mist ink, gradually blending the edges.  The embossed areas from the Texture Wheel are protected from the ink, giving a gorgeous mottled effect.  

The DSP was then mounted on a mat of Early Espresso card which was torn slightly larger than the DSP and the edges on two corners curled (you could use a coctail stick, but I used a round file from my Distressing Essentials kit). This was then mounted on a Marina Mist card blank.

I inked the edges of a die cut butterfly from Beautiful Butterflies and then stamped it with the En Francias background stamp in Early Espresso ink.  A line of basic pearls was placed down the centre and it was attached to the card.

To finish off I used my Tiny Tags set and the Medium Jewelery Tag punch, attaching the tags with linen thread.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a lovely weekend.

Jan
x

1 comment:

  1. Jan and I got together with my upline Joanne yesterday to work out which hotel we're going to stay at when we go to Disneyland Paris in November and we were so lucky that Jan had brought along a copy of this card for each of us. It's even more gorgeous IRL. It's so pretty to look at but you can't resist touching as well - so much texture to it. Thanks again for mine Jan.

    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete