Pages

Sunday 10 July 2011

First Christmas Card!

Hope you are having a nice weekend?

I had a lovely day yesterday.  I met up with Sara for a little natter and then spent a couple of hours with Hazel (a very talented lady and a member of my new team).  I was hoping to hold a training session with another of my team but unfortunately she couldn't make it.

Hope your workshop goes well, Hazel ***waves*** keeping my fingers crossed for you to get all those freebies!!!

Well, I thought I would have a play with a Christmas set today!  I know, its only July but I haven't used this set since last year and I hadn't even inked the wheel up until today!!


The stamp set is Contempo Christmas and I also used the matching wheel.  The card blank is Rose Red with a mat of Perfect Plum. 

I stamped the 'Merry Christmas' from the set in the top corner using Perfect Plum ink then used the wheel with Rose Red ink in the cartridge (this allows longer runs of the wheel without running out of ink) on to some Very Vanilla card stock.

The bauble image from the set was inked in Rose Red ink and then I used my craft knife to cut out the centres of the pointed ovals.  One thing I would recommend is if you are thinking of making lots of cards like this it takes a while...

The bauble was punched out using the Ornament Punch and then mounted on Perfect Plum card using dimensionals.  I tied a bow using silver elastic cord and then put to one side.

The strip stamped with the wheel was mounted onto a mat of Perfect Plum card and then I added Chrystal Effects to fill the cut out areas and sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds glitter on before leaving to dry.

This was added to the card blank with the bauble added to finish.

Jan
x

1 comment:

  1. Love the contemporary colour combo. Very stylish.

    Looking forward to meeting Hazel.

    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete