Pages

Sunday 25 September 2011

Dabble Day

All I can say about yesterday is WOW!!!

I was asked by the lovely Jean, from Busy Bees in Woodhouse Sheffield to do some demonstrations for her Dabble Day in Beighton, Sheffield and it was fantastic.  Jean, thank you SO MUCH for letting me demonstrate for you and to all the ladies there on the day ****hello!****

Jean holds the Dabble Days every couple of months and I took my Mum to the one she had in July, just to get a feel for what happens.  We loved that one, and was honoured to be asked to be a demonstrator for the September one (and rather nervous too - shhhh!).

But, I had no need to be so worried, the day was brilliant.  I demonstrated how to make this bag.
I forgot to take a photo of the bag with the flower made from the Sizzix Fun Flowers but you can see the idea here.  The card for the flowers, front & back of the bag are stamped using the Very Vintage wheel in Crumb Cake ink with Rich Razzleberry ink sponged around the flower petals. 

The handles were made using the 1 1/4" Rich Razzleberry Striped Grossgrain Ribbon/  The handles are secured in place with brads, which are covered with tabs punched out of Rich Razzleberry cardstock using the Decorative Label Punch.

I made a similar bag here, but for the Dabble Day I wanted to simplify the design.  The ladies did a brilliant job making thier bags and the day was manic.  I was totally buzzing by the time I got home and just wish I could do the next one - unfortunately, its the Saturday before I go to Convention so I wont have the time to plan everything.  Just hope that everyone enjoyed it and I get the chance to do another.

I need to get everything ready for my New Catalogue Launch Party now, so thanks for bobbing over to see me.  Ill post details of my party in the next couple of days.

Jan
x

No comments:

Post a Comment