Pages

Sunday 4 September 2011

So Excited!

Hope you are having a nice weekend?

I went to a Regional Training Event yesterday afternoon in Leeds organised by Stampin' Up! and was soooo excited by what we saw and did, I couldnt sleep properly last night - I was so giddy!!!

Unfortunately, I am sworn to secrecy as there are still other events organised around the country so I dont want to spoil all their surprises.  All I can say is I cant wait to show you what goodies are coming in the new Ideas Book & Catalogue.

As I am so fired up with excitement, I have booked the room for my New Catalogue Launch Party.  Its on Saturday 1st October from 10am to 1pm.

There will be a make and take, prize draw and demonstrations of some of the new products.  So put the date in your diary, come along and bring a friend!

Anyway, enough of my excitement - here is a couple of photos of the swaps I made to exchange with the other demonstrators in Leeds.

This is one of the general ones. 



And here is one mounted onto a Chocolate Chip card blank which also shows the dimension of the embossing.



I had planned to do something without any stamps as we wernt exactly sure which ones were going to retire.  Instead I gambled on the fact that embossing folders & dies would stay in the new catalogue.

To begin, I tore Neutrals Ivory card into an oblong shape and then took my Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and inked up one site in Crumb Cake ink before running it through the Big Shot.  I did exactly the same using the Square Latice embossing folder on a slightly larger mat of Crumb Cake card and then mounted the Ivory card on top.

The butterflies were cut out using the Beautiful Butterflies die in Crumb Cake and Neutrals Ivory card and then embossed in the Perfect Polka Dots and Manhattan Flower folders and layered up.  The butterflies were decorated with either Basic Pearls or Basic Rhinestones and then added to the bottom corner.

The last layer is a Chocolate Chip mat trimmed slightly smaller than a C6 card blank so the ladies can mount them if they like at a later date.

Ok, got to go now and look at the goodies we're getting soon - I think I may need to have a little word with the bank mananger...!

Thanks for visiting,
Jan
x


Ps.  For those who attended the Elsecar Craft Fair in August and were interested in our offer for the Starter Kit - I will still honour the offer until 24th Sept ****for ONE person ONLY****  For more details contact me ASAP.  Once its gone, its gone...

No comments:

Post a Comment