Pages

Tuesday 14 February 2012

Easter Blossoms Card

Hi everyone!
Hope you had a nice weekend, mine was really busy with moving boxes, packing and sneeking in some preparation for a workshop on Thursday! 

I also made a card for my Mums sister, Auntie Val (she hates me calling her 'Auntie' tee hee).

 The card blank is just some white card from my stash but as my Auntie Val loves pink, I used Melon Mambo for the main colour, with Pink Pirouette used on the mats, behind the vellum cardstock (with the scalloped edge) the sentiment and behind the punched corners of the Melon Mambo card.

The vellum mat was stamped in Whisper White Craft ink using the little girl image from Easter Blossoms set and then white embossing powder was sprinkled on before heating to set.  Then I stamped the blossom image in black Stazon, turned over the vellum and coloured in the blossoms with my Melon Mambo marker.  Some of the centres of the flowers also had Bravo Burgundy ink dotted to the centre to give a little bit of depth.  I haven't used this technique for ages (thanks for reminding me about it Sara!).

The mat of vellum was matted on the Pink Pirouette card (I used the Scalloped Trim and Scalloped Trim Corner punches with white brads to secure it in place.  On the bottom corner, I added some tags from Tiny Tags, punched out with the jewellery tag punch.

The sentiment is from the Curly Cute set and was stamped in Melon Mambo ink onto Whisper White cardstock and then mounted onto a mat of Pink Pirouette.  The little flowers at each side of the sentiment are made using the flower Punch from Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, the small 'eyes' from the Owl Builder Punch and Basic Pearls were added to finish off.

Bob back later in the week to see what I am doing at the workshop with Julie in Rotherham on Thursday...!

Jan
x

No comments:

Post a Comment