Pages

Friday 2 March 2012

Customer Thank You Cards

Well, to be honest I am so glad to see the back of February.  Its been a month where nothing went right!

The buyer we had for the house decided to pull out of the sale (5 weeks in they decided to look for other houses?!).  I only found out this morning that they have definately decided not to buy - thank you for leaving us for 3 WEEKS to find out.

I had a puncture when on site in Stoke on Trent last week (it took an hour for the AA to arrive) then my microwave exploded.  I noticed some weird posts on my Facebook wall that I knew I hadnt posted - it appears that my account has some sort of virus so I have closed the account.  Anyway, enough of my whinging. lets get on with what you have come to see...

The best parts of February have been the workshops I did with Ruth and Julie ( ***waves*** ).  Here are a couple of photos of the thank you cards I made for all the ladies who ordered Stampin' Up! products from both of the workshops and my Stampers 10 group.

This one is my favourate - and I dont normally like paisley!


I made 10 cards using the paisley design and then another 10 with a different design of DSP.  Unfortunately, I didnt calculate the amount of ribbon I would need so ended up having to use a different sort for some of them.  Also, have you noticed what I have used behind the ribbon - its some of the SU fabric!!!  
 

Strips of the fabric were torn (yes, torn, I know!!!) and then I just gathered the fabric along some sticky strip to look like it was pleated.  The Triple Treat flower was inked with Versamark before being heat embossed with White embossing powder - the white stands out so much on dark coloured card.  I even used some of my antique brads - these are normally only used for special cards but I was feeling generous.

I loved making these cards - I definately needed some therapy after the last three weeks. The colours remind me of the spring for some reason.  And it was so easy to match everything colourwise as its a Product Suite from the SU Mini Catalogue so everything is designed to match.

Here is what I used:
Pool Party card blank, Spice Cake Designer Series Paper, Spice Cake Designer Fabric, Very Vanilla and Soft Suede cardstock, White Embossing Powder, More Mustard Scallop Dots Ribbon, Antique Brad, the Modern Label Punch for the sentiment and Fancy Flower Punch.  The stamp sets are the Triple Treat Flower and Curly Cute.

Well, Im off to do some cleaning & ironing now I have to go back to having the house tidy.

Have a lovely weekend

Jan
x

No comments:

Post a Comment