Pages

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Happy Birthday, Mum

Hi there
I don't know about you but I am so fed up of the snow now.

It's my Mums birthday today (I won't say how old though!) and here is the card I made for her.



I used an A4 sheet of Pretty in Pink card to make the card blank and a mat of the same colour for the main panel.

Silver glimmer paper was die cut using the Beautiful Butterflies die and the butterflies were spritzed with a mixture of 70% rubbing alcohol with Pretty in Pink reinker. It was taking ages for the butterflies to dry so I used a heat gun to - this actually blistered the paper around the edges but I love the effect as it curved the edges giving a little dimension. I inked around the edges with Rose Red ink and a sponge dauber to highlight the shapes before sticking the together with crystal effects.

The main panel was stamped in Pretty in Pink ink using the Ex Libris stamp and a length of Pink Pirouette Two Tone ribbon wrapped around the bottom of the panel. This was then adhered to the front of the card blank.

The Mum sentiment from For My Family was stamped in Rose Red ink onto whisper white card and a frame stamped over the top from Four Frames in Pretty In Pink. This was punched out using the Curly Label punch. Two more were punched out from whisper white card and they were positioned over the "window" area of the Ex Libris image.

It was just a case of adding a strip of delicate details lace tape (and some bling) to one side of the card blank and adding the butterfly.

She loved her card and had a lovely birthday so it's been a good day!

Jan

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment