Pages

Saturday 2 March 2013

Stamptacular Project

As I promised yesterday here is a photo of the project I demonstrated at our Stamptacular last Saturday.





I demonstrated how to make the shaped card using the Labels Framelits dies first using an A4 sheet of Very Vanilla card trimmed down to 21cm x 28cm then we scored on the 28cm side at 7 then 21cm using the Simply Scored Board. The score lines were folded to create a gate fold card.

To cut the shape at the top we layered up two pieces of card stock and put these inside the folded card. As the framelits only really cut through 2 layers, the layers need to be carefully placed but everyone did brilliantly. I can provide more detailed instructions if you contact me.

Here is a photo of the inside of the card.



Two mats of Summer Starfruit card were cut out using the largest and second largest framelits and these were layered with two of the paper doilies sandwiched between them. This was attached over the top pard of the card blank and then it was just a case of decorating the card.

The Secret Garden stamp set and matching dies were used along with the Apothecary Art stampset and matching dies - love, love, love the stamps with the dies - I'm not very good at cutting out so they are a total godsend for me!!! The flower images were stamped in versamark (THANK YOU GILL!!!) heat embossed with clear embossing powder then ink was rubbed over the top using sponge daubers.

The bottom flower has a rose from the flower trim attached, which has been coloured using an ink pad to match the colour theme - is it just me or does it look just like a daffodil?

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Jan x

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear your suffering, I hope you get well soon.

    Love this card. Three of our ladies from the Stamptacular have ordered the Secret Garden bundle to be able to make it again on their own and when I was at Betty's yesterday she was showing this off to her friends. Went down really well!

    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this card is very interesting Jan..... Love it......

    ReplyDelete