Pages

Saturday 16 March 2013

Team Birthdays & Exciting News

I've just unpacked everything from today's craft show at Doncaster Dome so I thought I would catch up with my blog. It was a little bit quiet but we met some lovely people.

Now, I have to tell you about what's happened this week or I might just burst, I'm so excited.

We accepted an offer on our house on Monday (we didn't know that we were having a viewing so to say it was a shock, is the understatement of the century!). On Friday we had the offer we made on the house we want to buy accepted so we are a pair of VERY giddy kippers. We have been here before but have absolutely everything crossed that it works out this time.

There that's it, I've calmed down (a bit) now, so back to crafting...

It's been a really busy month for birthdays for our team this month and here is one of the cards I made.



I stamped Hello Doily in versamark onto a mat of Whisper White card and heat embossed with white embossing powder. The bottom of the mat was embossed with one of the Delicate Designs embossing folders and wrapped a length of Raspberry Ripple stitched satin ribbon around, securing at the back.

Then I used a sponge dauber and Raspberry Ripple ink and inked over the top of the embossed stamped image. Here is a close up of the image inked up - how detailed is this stamp, I love it!




The mat was secured to a Raspberry ripple card blank and an In Color dahlia added to the centre.

The banner was stamped with the Happy Birthday image from Itty Bitty Banners and then die cut with the matching Bitty Banners dies. It was trimmed to sit behind the dahlia and then attached.

I'm looking forward to going to Julie's class next Saturday at her new studio in Rotherham - the project is using the meltpot to decorate a birdhouse, and I can't wait. If you would like more details, let me know.

I have another birthday card to show you but that will be in the next few days, so bob back soon to see it.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Jan x
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment